For legal reasons, access to electronic resources licensed by the Vienna University Library is limited to staff and students of Vienna University. To grant these users unlimited worldwide access to these resources, we are using the service u:access.
Log in to u:access
- ATTENTION: We are currently experiencing technical problems with u:access. Please use the u:access bookmarklet (see below) after going to the respective electronic resource to gain full access.
- Drag the
symbol into the favourites bar of your web browser.
- This will create a u:access link in the favourites bar.
- Go to the desired electronic resource.
- Once you are on the vendor's website, click the u:access link in the favourites bar.
- After logging in with your u:account, you have full access to the resource.
Users without a u:account
Library users without a u:account cannot use u:access and therefore cannot use their own computer or mobile device to access licensed electronic resources. They can, however, access these resources from certain computers located in the main library and special libraries.