theory, methods and applications / Abdon Atangana . - London, UK : Elsevier , 2015
This book provides a thorough introduction to newly-established local derivatives and their new parameters, also including their integral transforms and applications, and covering the definition of beta-Laplace transforms, beta-Sumudu transforms, and beta-Fourier transforms, and their properties.
edited by Nicolae Balc . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 808]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the 12th International Conference on Modern Technologies in Manufacturing (MTeM) October 14-16, 2015, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. A total of 59 scientific papers have been received and accepted for this conference.
fundamentals, technology, and applications / edited by Tommaso Baldacchini . - Amsterdam : Elsevier Ltd. , 2016
• Comprehensive account of TPP microfabrication, including both photophysical and photochemical aspects of the fabrication process • Comparison of TPP microfabrication with conventional and unconventional micromanufacturing techniques • Covering applications of TPP microfabrication
Volume 3: Hydrogen Energy Conversion / edited by Frano Barbir et al. . - Cambridge, UK : Woodhead Publishing , 2016
• Highlights how different fuel cells and hydrogen-fueled combustion engines and turbines work • Features input written by leading academics in the field of sustainable energy and experts from the world of industry • Examines various types of hydrogen fuel cells, including solid oxide, molten carbonate, and proton exchange membrane
supernovae, neutron stars and black holes / editors: Ulisses Barres de Almeida et al. . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1693]
Volume 1693 is the proceedings of The Second ICRANet César Lattes Meeting which took place on 13-22 April 2015 in Rio de Janeiro - Niterói - João Pessoa - Recife - Fortaleza, Brazil. The meeting covered observational activities in X-rays, gamma rays, and UHECR; theoretical progress in the relativistic astrophysics of Neutron Stars, Black Holes, Gravitational Waves and Cosmology.
Michael G. Cottam . - Bristol : IOP Publishing Ltd, 2015 [IOP expanding physics]
The last few years have seen dramatic advances in the growth, fabrication and characterization of low-dimensional materials and nanostructures. Most studies of these artificially engineered materials have been driven by their potential for device applications. In particular, the dynamical properties of these materials are of fundamental interest for the devices that involve high-frequency operation and/or switching.
edited by Mohd Mustafa Al Bakri Abdullah et al. . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 815]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the Electronic and Green Materials International Conference (EGM 2015), the Engineering Technology International Conference (ET 2015), the Green Design and Manufacture International Conference (GDM 2015), July 31 - August 1, 2015, Surabaya, Indonesia.
edited by Omar Faruk, Mohini Sain . - Kidlington, Oxford, UK, Waltham, MA : Elsevier , 2016
This book provides, for the first time in one place, the state-of-the-art in the development of lignin-based composite materials, also including the processing and property information required to put lignin-based materials into practice in a variety of industries, including automotive, construction, and packaging.
preparing for and passing candidacy, qualifying, and graduate defenses / A. Lee Foote . – London : Academic Press , 2016
• Describes in detail the general format of oral comprehensive exams, viva voce examinations and defenses, what to expect, and what the requirements are that students need to fulfill to pass. • Includes appendices with numerous practice questions sourced from a range of disciplines and countries for individual or group learning
a comprehensive compendium of serial digital input/output (I/O) standards / Louis E. Frenzel Jr . - Oxford, UK : Elsevier, 2016
• Covers the most popular and commonly used interfaces and provides details on their specifications and standards • Explains the key concepts to enable an engineer to select an interface for a new design or verify that an interface is working correctly • Each chapter is based on a different interface and is written in an easy to follow, standard format
edited by Animesh Goswami, Jon D. Stewart . - Amsterdam : Elsevier , 2016
• Provides a concise background of the application of biocatalysis for the synthesis of organic compounds • Expert contributors present recipes for carrying out biocatalytic reactions • Contains detailed, separate chapters that describe the application of biocatalysis.
David Griffiths . - Weinheim : Wiley-VCH , 2008
This is the first quantitative treatment of elementary particle theory that is accessible to undergraduates. Using a lively, informal writing style, the author strikes a balance between quantitative rigor and intuitive understanding. Contains an abundance of worked examples and many end-of-chapter problems.
Volume 2: Hydrogen Storage, Distribution and Infrastructure / edited by Ram B. Gupta et al. . - Burlington, UK : Woodhead Publishing , 2015
• Covers a wide array of methods for storing hydrogen, detailing hydrogen transport and the infrastructure required for transition to the hydrogen economy • Written by leading academics in the fields of sustainable energy and experts from the world of industry • Part of a very comprehensive compendium
Konrad Hinsen . - San Rafael, CA : Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2015 [IOP concise physics]
Computation in Science provides a theoretical background in computation to scientists who use computational methods. It explains how computing is used in the natural sciences, and provides a high-level overview of those aspects of computer science and software engineering that are most relevant for computational science. The focus is on concepts, results, and applications, rather than on proofs and derivations.
the physics of geobiology and geochemistry / Allen G Hunt, Stefano Manzoni . - San Rafael, CA : Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2015 [IOP concise physics]
This book presents research into the physical rules that can underlie the behaviour of biota, as well as the geochemistry of soil development. It addresses both nutrient and water transport limitations of processes from chemical weathering to vascular plant growth.
edited by Prof. Adrian Olaru . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 811]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the ICMERA 2015 - International Conference on Smart Systems in the Fields of Aerospace, Robotics, Manufacturing Systems, Mechanical Engineering - October 29-31, 2015, Bucharest, Romania.
John E Inglesfield . - Bristol, UK : IOP Publishing, 2015 [IOP expanding physics]
Supplemented with demonstration programmes, code and examples, this book provides a thorough review of the method and would be an accessible starting point for graduate students or researchers wishing to understand and use the method, or as a single reference source for those already familiar with the subject and applying it in their research.
editors: Adyda Ibrahim et al. . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1691]
Volume 1691 is the proceedings of 2nd Innovation and Analytics Conference and Exhibition (IACE 2015), which took place on 29 September–1 October 2015, in Kedah, Malaysia.
edited by Laurentiu Slatineanu et al. . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 809-810]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the 19th Innovative Manufacturing Engineering 2015 (IManE 2015), May 21-22, 2015, Iaşi, România. A total of 262 scientific papers have been received and accepted for this conference.
edited by M. Zaki Mubarok et al. . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Advanced materials research ; 1130]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the International Biohydrometallurgy Symposium 2015 (IBS 2015), October 5-9, 2015, Bali, Indonesia. A total of 161 scientific papers have been received and accepted for this conference.
editors: Vesela Pasheva, Nedyu Popivanov and George Venkov . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 . – [AIP conference proceedings ; 1690]
Volume 1690 is the proceedings of 41st International Conference “Applications of Mathematics in Engineering and Economics” AMEE ’15, which took place on 8–13 June 2015, in Sozopol, Bulgaria.
editors: Alexandra Fălămaş and Ioan Turcu . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1700]
Volume 1700 is the proceedings of Processes in Isotopes and Molecules (PIM 2015), which took place on 23–25 September 2015, in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
editors: Theodore E. Simos, Zacharoula Kalogiratou and Theodore Monovasilis . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1702]
Volume 1702 is the proceedings of International Conference of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering 2015 (ICCMSE 2015), which took place on 20–23 March 2015, in Athens, Greece.
editors: Sapto Wahyu Indratno, Utriweni Mukhaiyar, Irlandia Ginanjar and Sandy Vantika . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 AIP conference proceedings ; 1692]
Volume 1692 is the proceedings of 1st International Conference on Actuarial Science and Statistics (ICASS 2014), which took place on 21–23 October 2014, in Bandung, Indonesia.
green technology for sustainable chemical products and processes / editors: Hadiyanto et al. . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1699]
Volume 1699 is the proceedings of International Conference of Chemical and Material Engineering (ICCME) 2015, which took place on 29–30 September 2015, in Semarang, Indonesia.
edited by Dr. T. Rajmohan, Dr. S. Arumugam and Dr. K. Palanikumar . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 813-814]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the International Conference on Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (ICMME-2015), April 2-3, 2015, Kanchipuram, India. A total of 210 scientific papers have been received and accepted for this conference.
edited by Peter F. Pelz and Peter Groche . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 807]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the 2nd International Conference on Uncertainty in Mechanical Engineering (ICUME 2015), November 19 – 20, 2015, Darmstadt, Germany. A total of 24 scientific papers have been received and accepted for this conference.
edited by Wong Sook Fun, Tan Kang Hai and Ong Khim Chye Gary . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Advanced materials research ; 1129]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the 15th International Congress on Polymers in Concrete (ICPIC 2015), October 19-21, 2015, Singapore. A total of 80 scientific papers have been received and accepted for this conference.
5th IUPAP International Conference on Women in Physics / editors: Beth A. Cunningham, Catherine O’Riordan and Shohini Ghose . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1697]
Volume 1697 is the proceedings of 5th International Conference on Women in Physics, which took place on 5–8 August 2014, in Waterloo, Canada.
from Aristotle’s universe to the Big Bang and beyond / James J Kolata . - San Rafael, CA : Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2015 [IOP concise physics]
Cosmology is the study of the origin, size, and evolution of the entire universe. Every culture has developed a cosmology, whether it be based on religious, philosophical, or scientific principles. In this book, the evolution of the scientific understanding of the Universe in Western tradition is traced from the early Greek philosophers to the most modern 21st century view.
based on A priori information on the analytical properties of the solution / Alexander G. Kyurkchan and Nadezhda I. Smirnova . - Amsterdam : Elsevier , 2016
This book provides a comprehensive reference on the fundamental physical concepts behind the theory of wave diffraction and scattered wave fields and their applications in radio physics, acoustics, optics, radio astronomy, biophysics, geophysics and astrophysics, highlighting several advanced topics that are pushing forward progress in the field.
Víctor Leiva . - Amsterdam : Elsevier , 2016
• Introduces inference in the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution • Provides a comprehensive review of the statistical theory and methodology of the Birnbaum-Distribution • Discusses different applications of the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution • Explains characterization and the lifetime analysis
observed impacts on planet Earth / edited by Trevor M. Letcher . – Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier , 2015
• Provides an up-to-date account of the current understanding of climate change and global warming • Includes 23 updated chapters and 12 new chapters • Includes coverage on modeling climate change, geological history of climate change, and on engineering aspects of climate change • Written by the world’s leading experts on the issues related to climate change
edited by Y. Zee Ma, Stephen A. Holditch . - Waltham, MA : Elsevier , 2015
• Presents methods for a full development cycle of unconventional resources, from exploration through production • Explores multidisciplinary integrations for evaluation and development of unconventional resources and covers a broad range of reservoir characterization methods and development scenarios
an introduction / James MacDonald . - San Rafael, CA : Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2015 [IOP concise physics]
This book is intended for upper-level undergraduates and beginning graduates with a background in physics. Following a brief overview of the background observational material, the basic equations describing the structure and evolution of single stars are derived. The relevant physical processes, which include the equation of state, opacity, nuclear reactions and neutrino losses are then reviewed.
Angela Madeo . - London, UK, Kidlington, Oxford, UK : ISTE Press : Elsevier , 2015
• Covers four main fields of the application of continuum theories • Learn how to apply generalised continuum theory to describe the effects of microstructure on the mechanical behavior of materials • Decipher the material properties which aid your engineering applications
the definitive user's guide / Laurence W. McKeen . - Oxford : Elsevier, 2016
This book provides a complete reference and tutorial for fluoropolymer coatings, including the basics of formulations, their effects on coating processes, and troubleshooting solutions for when things do not work as expected. It is the ideal resource for design engineers, coaters, and coatings suppliers interested in the topic.
Mehrdad Mehdizadeh . - Amsterdam, Boston : Elsevier, 2015
• Presents new information on how the interactions of electromagnetic fields with materials at high frequencies have given rise to practical applications • Revised and expanded edition, providing an update on the most recent trends and findings • Contains many new sections within existing chapters, along with new chapters
das Basiswissen der Chemie / Charles E. Mortimer ; Ulrich Müller . - 12., korr. und akt. Aufl. . - Stuttgart [u.a.] : Thieme , 2015
Die Grundlagen in anorganischer und organischer Chemie, Biochemie und Kernchemie vermittelt dieses Buch in 36 Kapiteln mit über 900 Abbildungen, Rechenwegen und Übungsaufgaben in unerreichter Klarheit. Alle Lösungswege sind online verfügbar unter www.thieme.de/mortimer. Die Autoren haben diese 12. Auflage vollständig überarbeitet und das beste Lehrbuch der Chemie verfasst.
Sarhan M. Musa . - Amsterdam : Elsevier , 2016
• Covers conversions to different units of measure (standard and/or metric) and other topics as required by specific businesses and industries • Reviews basic mathematics, including whole numbers, fractions, mixed numbers, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions • Connects concepts with recent applications in technology, engineering, manufacturing, and science • Includes many practice and review problems
editor: Ganapati R. Myneni . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1687]
Volume 1687 is the proceedings of Ingot Niobium Workshop, which took place on 4 December 2015, in Virginia, USA.
materials, devices and applications / edited by Bahram Nabet . - Cambridge, UK : Woodhead Publishing , 2016
This book provides readers with an important review of key advances in photodetectors and their use in in communication, computation, and imaging systems, and includes discussions of materials, detector types, devices, and important and emerging applications of photodetectors.
edited by Dr. S. Saravanan . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 812]
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the National Conference on EVOLUTION OF GREEN ENERGY AND VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY, March 2-3, 2015, Sriperumbudur, India. A total of 20 scientific papers have been received and accepted for this conference.
new tools for prediction / A�chatou Ndob, Malik Melas, André Lebert . - Amsterdam : Elsevier , 2015
• Describes the construction of a tool to allow you to predict the physical-chemical properties of foods and bacterial broths • Shows you how to apply this tool with complex medias to predict water activity and pH levels and how to integrate this tool with a process simulator • Full with theoretical equations and examples to help you apply the content to your data
Keith A. Nier et al. , Elsevier Science 2015 : Elsevier Science, 2015
• Highlights over 120 innovators in mass spectrometry, including several Nobel Prize winners • Discusses instrumentation and their uses, also providing information on the careers, characters, and life stories of the people who did the work • Ideal reference for those interested in a wide variety of topics, including analytical chemistry and chemical analysis, amongst others
papers, posters, and presentations / Gregory S. Patience, Daria C. Boffito, Paul A. Patience . – London : Elsevier, 2015
• Covers how to accurately and clearly exhibit results, ideas, and conclusions • Identifies phrases common in scientific literature that should never be used • Discusses the theory of presentation, including “before and after” examples highlighting best practices
editors: Roberto Pantani, Felice De Santis and Vito Speranza . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1695]
Volume 1695 is the proceedings of GT70 - Polymer Processing with Resulting Morphology and Properties: Feet in the Present and Eyes at the Future, which took place on 15–17 October 2015, in Salerno, Italy.
introducing concurrency in undergraduate courses / edited by Sushil K. Prasad et al. . - Amsterdam : Elsevier, 2015
This book provides a cross-disciplinary approach for both those learning and teaching parallel and distributed computing, a field that continues to grow in numbers with application in computing devices containing CPU's and GPU's, including home and office PC's, laptops, and mobile devices.
volume editor, Atta-ur- Rahman . - Amsterdam : Elsevier , 2015
• Focuses on the chemistry of bioactive natural products • Contains contributions by leading authorities in the field • Presents sources of new pharmacophores
Yrjö H. Roos, Stephan Drusch . - Kidlington, Oxford : Elsevier , 2016
• Contains descriptions of non-fat food solids as "biopolymers" which exhibit physical properties that are highly dependent on temperature, time, and water content • Details the effects of water on the state and stability of foods • The only book on phase and state transitions written specifically for the applications in food industry, product development, and research
edited by Sujoy K. Saha . - Oxford : Butterworth-Heinemann , 2016
An up-to-date distillation of recommended mircrochannel heat transfer models and correlations to delineate research direction and guide model design.
thermodynamics and statistical mechanics for scientists and engineers / Robert F. Sekerka . - Amsterdam, Netherlands : Elsevier , 2015
• Includes applications of interest to physicists, physical chemists, and materials scientists, as well as materials, chemical, and mechanical engineers • Develops content systematically with increasing order of complexity • Self-contained, including nine appendices to handle necessary background and technical details
theory, modeling, practice / Viacheslav V. Spichak . - Amsterdam, Netherlands, Waltham, MA : Elsevier , 2015
A fully revised and updated edition, providing the latest achievements in theory, techniques and practical applications of the methods of electromagnetic sounding. Contains a balanced set of lectures covering all aspects of Electromagnetic sounding at global, regional and local levels along with case studies, highlighting the practical importance of electromagnetic data.
edited by Sabu Thomas, Robert Shanks, Sarathchandran Chandrasekharakurup . - Oxford, UK : William Andrew , 2015
Provides all the relevant information for developing products based on nanostructured polymer systems-key knowledge for researchers and engineers in a range of industries: electronics, coatings, energy, transport, and medicine.
editor: Robert I. Pinsker . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1689]
Volume 1689 is the proceedings of 21st Topical Conference on Radio Frequency Power in Plasmas, which took place on 27 April–29 April 2015, in California, USA.
edited by František Trebuňa . - Pfaffikon : Trans Tech Publications Ltd, 2015 [Applied mechanics and materials ; 816]
Special topic volume with invited peer reviewed papers only. The 79 papers are grouped as follows: 1: Design, Modeling and Research of Mechanical and Mechatronic Systems; 2: Development and Modification of Computational Methods and Algorithms; 3: Experimental Methods of Measurements and Analysis in Engineering Practice; 4: Industrial Engineering of Modern Production.
Numerical Solutions / Kuppalapalle Vajravelu and Swati Mukhopadhyay . - London : Academic Press, 2016
• Addresses basic concepts to understand the theoretical framework for the method • Provides examples of nonlinear problems that have been solved through the use of numerical method • Focuses on fluid flow problems governed by nonlinear equations
editors: Daniel Vizman and Alexandra Popescu . - Melville, NY : AIP Publishing, 2015 [AIP conference proceedings ; 1694]
Volume 1694 is the proceedings of TIM14 Physics Conference - Physics Without Frontiers, which took place on 20–22 November 2014, in Timisoara, Romania.
H Thomas Williams . - San Rafael, CA : Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2015 [IOP concise physics]
This book begins with a presentation of a minimal set of von Neumann postulates while introducing language and notation to facilitate subsequent discussion of quantum calculations based in finite dimensional Hilbert spaces. Chapters that follow address two-state quantum systems, entanglement of multiple two-state systems, quantum angular momentum theory and quantum approaches to statistical mechanics.
Wanghua Wu, Robert Bogdan Staszewski and John R. Long . - Amsterdam : Academic Press, Elsevier , 2016
• Highlights the challenges of frequency synthesis at mm-wave band using CMOS technology • Discusses the proper partitioning of the digitally intensive mm-wave frequency synthesizer into mm-wave, RF, analog, digital and software components • Addresses system modeling, simulation techniques, design-for-test, and layout issues
transition metal catalyzed heterocycles synthesis series / Xiao-Feng Wu . - Amsterdam, Netherlands : Elsevier , 2016
• Brief, focused review of this active research area, Furans synthesis via transition metal catalysis • Useful coverage of furans properties and procedures, as well as relevant Furan-containing natural products • First volume in short work series, "Transition Metal-Catalyzed Heterocycles Synthesis"
Xiao-Jun Yang, Dumitru Baleanu, H. M. Srivastava . - London : Academic Press , 2015
The book explains the basics of the local fractional derivative operators and investigates new results in the area of local integral transforms, describing the numerous widespread real-world phenomena in the fields of physical sciences and engineering sciences that involve non-differentiable behaviors.
Thomas M. York, Hai-bin Tang . - London, UK : Academic Press , 2015
• Presents the essential principles of plasma dynamics needed for effective research and development work in plasma applications • Covers a range of applications, including energy conversion, space propulsion, magnetic fusion, and space physics.