|Can I find English language newspapers and magazines in the Library?
- The Library offers a variety of English and American Studies academic journals, both in paper form and online.
- As we are an academic library, our holdings do not include newspapers or weekly or monthly general magazines.
- However, you can access the LexisNexis database provided by the University Library, which offers access to newspaper and journal articles.
|Who can borrow what kinds of books/library items?
- All readers with valid library cards
- Whether or not books can be borrowed can be seen in the book information available via u:search.
- Generally speaking, dictionaries (W-), reference works (A-), journals (Z-I), theses (Z-IV), items in reserve collections (Semesterhandapparat) and any items published more than a hundred years ago can be used in the library only.
|Why are school books and media published after 2004 in a "Semesterhandapparat"?
- This part of our holdings was mostly given to us as a present by the didactics teachers in the department to make availabe to students in didactics classes.
- Since there are so many students doing didactic classes at the same time, they need to find a variety of school books in the library and use them there.
|What does the information "Kopierverbot" mean?
- We would ask our readers not to photocopy dictionaries.
- With any other books, please contact the librarian on duty at the informaton desk.