The library is equipped with Wi-Fi (eduroam ).
Photocopiers, Scanners and Printers
- Printing can be done via u:print on all ZID-Computers and off USB-sticks. In order to do so your u:card needs to be loaded with sufficient credit using the u:print-payment system .
- Scans can be made onto USB-sticks. If you sign in with your u:card, scans can be sent to your email address .
- More information can be found on the ZID-Website .
A book scanner is available inside the library, which can be used to digitalize books up to A2+ Format (=635x460mm). It is located at the glass front close to the information desk. The scanner is easy to use via a touchscreen. A USB-stick is needed to store scanned data. Using presets, scans have a resolution of 300dpi, are made in color and saved as a PDF. The curvature due to the books spine is corrected automatically. You can choose if scans are made in color, greyscale of black and white, as well as the file format (TIFF, JPG or PDF).
- For an overview and instructions check out the Manual (PDF in German).
- When scanning copyrighted material, keep the provisions of §§42 ff. of the Copyright Act in mind.
- Using the book scanner is free.
43 reading- and workspaces
- A total of 37 workplaces with sockets for your laptop
- 2 research computers (east-asian language typing not supported)
- 3 Library computer terminals
- Attention: Keep in mind that seat-reservations are required in order to use the library.
- If you order books online, staff will prepare them for pick-up at the information desk.
- Once or twice a year the library in cooperation with the Department of East Asian Studies/Japanese Studies offers a course on using the citation-software Juris-M. For more information see “Digital Citation-Style Japanese Studies” (PDF in German) .
- In addition to introductory u:search-courses and library tours, especially for first-year studends, we offer individual library tours. These can be requested anytime at the information desk or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact details for further questions
- If you have further questions regarding the librarys holdings or using the library, feel free to ask library staff at the information desk. You can also contact us via telephone or e-mail.
- For subject-specific research please contact: